Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey: Week 2, Day 5, Activity 1

For day 5 of my Summer Learning Journey, I had to read on how to say hello and ask for directions to a hotel. This is my short poem on how I felt at the airport in a foreign country, whether I was feeling happy, sad, scared or lonely...

 
I spun around in confusion
Looking for something familiar
The words I had studied forgotten
Not a syllable remembered
 
Speaking gibberish to the locals
Making them as confused as me
I wish I was at a place I know
Where I know everything like the back of my hand
I wish for this madness to end!
 
(I have chosen confused as my emotion)
 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Thomas :)

Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! We are thrilled to have you join us. I absolutely loved reading your poem about travelling to a new place. It can be quite scary and confusing, can't it?

After reading your poem I wonder if you had a place in mind when you wrote it. Were you thinking of somewhere in particular? I see that you chose to translate your five phrases into Russian and it made me wonder if you were thinking of travelling to Russia.

Unfortunately, I don't have information posted on the Summer Learning Journey site about Russia but I could easily add it next year. For this year I have posted lots of interesting facts about five countries - Canada (my home country!), Chile, Germany, Malaysia and the United Kingdom. Please feel free to imagine that you are going to one of these five countries and scroll through the activities until you find one that appeals to you. There are over 20 activities to choose from and every activity that you complete will be worth points.

I will add up the points at the end of each week and post the names of the three most active bloggers in each school. The most active bloggers win prizes!

We are currently at the beginning of Week 3. You have 6 more days to participate and to accumulate points. I hope to see you online and blogging lots over the next week. I'll let you know how many points you have at the end of the programme!

Thanks again for joining in! It's great to be able to blog with you!

Cheers,

Rachel

Post a Comment