Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

My speech on: Should we learn other languages instead of Moari?

Should we learn other languages instead of Maori?
I think we should.


Have you ever wondered what it is like to learn a different language? Well I have and today i’m going to tell you why we should learn a different language instead of Moari.

As a Samoan I think we should learn different languages other than Maori because I want to learn more about my culture as it sounds very exciting and I can talk to my mum without her struggling with speaking to me in English. I also have some relatives that live in Samoa and it would hard to communicate with them as I only know English and they only know Samoan so it would be difficult to communicate with them.


I would also like to speak in different languages because when I grow up I would like to fly to different countries and it would be difficult to communicate with others as I do not know their language.


I think that we should learn other languages at a very young age because it would be a boost in our knowledge and we would all benefit from it and would get better grades.


Here are some facts that I learnt from the website forbes. I learnt that 18.5 percent of all students between 1995 and 2009, increased their knowledge by 47.8 percent at colleges and universities because of their knowledge of foreign languages.


Also it can help you when you have a job overseas you would be able to understand them and get a good pay to lead a better life for you and your family.


It also helps to learn a different language and could build relationships with others and you could make new friends and not make any enemies


You would also be better off learning a different language because you can make conversations rather than feeling left out and alone like nobody wants you around

In this argument I have stated only a few reasons on why we should learn a second language such as you can communicate with relatives, friends, or even strangers and it could lead you a better life. There are heaps more reasons that I haven’t already stated about why we should learn a different language other than Moari.

0 comments:

Post a Comment