Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Persuasive Speech

Why Minecraft should be allowed in learning time
Minecraft. It has been around for about 7 years so far, and about 5.8 million people have bought it. And if 5.8 million people think that it’s a fun game and that it’s worth it, why can’t schools in New Zealand use it to learn too? I say schools in New Zealand because in Switzerland, some schools have actually got some time in a day where they get their students to play Minecraft. They use it because in it there are a variety of blocks which can be used to craft more blocks or to create massive structures. There are three modes in minecraft, which are Survival, Creative and Adventure. Survival is my favourite, since you start of with nothing and have to collect everything yourself. I like this best because since you have to get everything yourself, when I create something amazing I feel more proud of it than I would normally be, since everything I used had to be collected through long periods of time. Creative is my second favourite, since even though you have access to everything in the game, when you build something since everything is easy to get you don’t really feel as accomplished. Then there is adventure mode. In it, you cannot break blocks without the right tools. Just to break dirt, you need an Iron shovel, the second best grade of tool in the game!
Minecraft is also like real life, since in it you must eat or you will die of starvation. You can either break leaves to try and get apples, or you can kill animals to get meat. There is no blood however, and the animals bodies just disappear without leaving anything to show that they were there. There is also some school work involved as well. For maths, you can think. If one piece of wood makes 4 planks, how many pieces of wood do I need for 16 planks? And if 2 planks equal one stick, how many planks will I need for 20 sticks? As you can see, it can also help with your basic facts.
Minecraft can also be played online, which means you can go on servers, and play with people from everywhere in the world. I think that these reasons are more than enough to make you consider allowing Minecraft in learning time.

This is my persuasive speech which was judged by Manu, Sylis, Juanita and Mishaan. It took me 2 minutes and 20 seconds to say it, which means that I just need to slow down when reading it and it will be perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment