Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

My Magic Box poem

I will put into the box …
The vibrant plumage of a Peacock,
The helm of a valorous Knight,
And a costume from Halloween long past.


I will put into the box …
The deafening cry of a Phoenix,
The ringing of steel from war,
And the hiss of an enraged Cobra.


I will put into the box…
The natural sweetness of Honey,
The intriguing scent of Cherry blossoms,
And the tangy scent of Lemon.


I will put into the box …
The wise whispers of the Wind,
The glittering allure of Citrine,
And the comforting smile of a friend.


My box is fashioned from time, space and darkness, with Galaxies on the lid and Black holes in the corners.


Its hinges are enormous Asteroid belts.


I shall explore in my box,
For it’s size is infinite,
I will wander space for eternity,
Maybe I will stumble upon Earth and my friends sometime,
But the chances are slim, if they exist at all.

This is my own magic box poem. I modelled it off The Magic Box, a poem made by Kit Wright. We were told to use the 5 senses to make our sentences become more interesting. First off we included four groups of three interesting things or sounds, for example the vibrant plumage of a Peacock. After that we included what our box was made of, what was on the lid and what was in the corners. We also included what we would do with our box, and in my case I said I would explore it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment