Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 2 Bonus Activity

For this activity we have to write whether we have gone to Wellington, and if so, some things we enjoyed doing there, or if we haven't some things that we would like to do there. I haven't been to Wellington yet (emphasis on yet), but from what I can see on the site I would like to go to Te Papa, because it has exhibits about Maori, our native people, and also because they have created something called Bug Lab which seems very interesting. Another place I would like to go to would be to go to the Mount Victoria Lookout, to check out Wellingtons scenery from high above.

2 comments:

Dan Abricossow said...

Kia ora Thomas,

I like that you emphasise the word 'yet'! If you do ever get the chance to visit Wellington, I would highly recommend it. My brother lives down there, so I try to visit as often as I can.

Guess what? One of my favourite things to do in Wellington is visit Te Papa too! I go every time I'm down. I love visiting their exhibits, and they have an amazing collection of Maori history there. If you get the chance to go, they have an incredible exhibit on Gallipoli in WWI, and also my favourite thing to see... The Giant Squid! To top it all off, it's free to visit - even better!

It's a beautiful walk up to Mt Victoria lookout. On a sunny day you can see all around Wellington and even the South Island which I think is very cool.

Wellington is an amazing place to visit, but if you do go one day - make sure to pack a good jersey as it can get pretty cold down there too!

Nāku noa,
Dan.

daniel said...

Hi Thomas
I would also like to visit Wellington. I want to go on their cable cars. Great job Thomas.
Daniel

Post a Comment