Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey: Week 2, Day 5, Activity 3

For this activity we have to choose 5 phrases and translate the into whatever language we want with the English beside. I have chosen to translate mine into Russian.
  
      English:                                                        Russian
Do you speak English?                          Ty govorish' po-angliyski?

I would like a Taxi                                 YA khotel by taksi

Is there a phone I could use?                  Yest' telefon , ya mogu ispol'zovat' ?

How much does it cost?                         Skol'ko eto stoit?

I'm lost, how do I get to the                    YA zabludilsya , kak mne dobrat'sya do otelya
Hilton hotel?                                            Hilton?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Здравствуйте ('Hello' in Russian)!

Thomas, I love it that you have chosen to translate your phrases into Russian. You have definitely been quite creative and adapted the original task. I like it when students go 'outside of the box' and try new things!

Speaking of new things, was this the first time that you had written out words in Russian? It isn't common for us to speak or use the Russian language in New Zealand and it's a joy to read your post and to learn something completely new!

Do you like learning new things? I hope so! I bet that you must be thinking ahead to school and to all that you might learn this year. Before you head back, you may wish to keep practicing your reading and writing skills by participating in the Summer Learning Journey. There is plenty of time left for you to get involved and to learn all about the languages, landmarks, sports, entertainers, food and national holidays that are celebrated in other countries around the world.

I'll check back into your blog site tomorrow to see if you have continued your learning and your journey with us. I really hope that you will have posted another blog!

All the best,

Rachel

Post a Comment